In Her Own Words
The Artist Behind The Home Stylist
I often get asked: “Why do I love designing so much?”
My Answer: “It’s in my blood. I feel it!”
I’ve always been creative and resourceful. When it came time to add a little balance to my life and start my own business, there was no question as to my direction. My passion was (and still is) interior decorating – but not the hoity-toity kind of interior decorating.
I adore working with the Do-It-Yourself homeowner. Someone who gets down and dirty; who isn’t afraid to get their hands filthy; who may be on budget and doesn’t know where to turn.
I love helping people realize their dreams. It’s that gratification of teaching someone how to do it on their own that makes my job so worthwhile.
They take such pride in the design the did themselves My greatest joy – beside my family – is having a client feel proud of their home again. I love getting people unstuck on their décor plans and empowering people to do it themselves especially when they didn’t think they could do it on their own.
Since 2002, I’ve worked homeowners across Western New York to help them create home interiors that best fit their lifestyles; designing a vision for their home and then encouraging them to take the project on themselves, whether it’s painting, moving furniture, installing flooring, etc.
Since starting The Home Stylist, I’ve designed room interiors in more than 1,000 homes and have had my designs on display in five Junior League Decorator Show Houses and in an edition of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
I’m also the author of two design books: Complete Idiots Guide to Staging Your Home to Sell and the ebook, Setting the Foundation: Understanding Your Decorating Style.
But for me it’s not about the kudos or the accomplishments – although I know those are important. What makes what I do so worthwhile is seeing the look on my clients’ faces when they see what they can accomplish with just a little guidance from me.
Besides consulting, I offer a variety of other services including:
- Staging homes for resale
- Plans for Do-it-Yourself Decorating
- Color Consultations
- Favorite Social Media: Pinterest
- Favorite Store: Home Goods
- Favorite Décor Item: Rugs – “Besides paint, rugs are the other item that can dramatically change the feel of a room quickly and easily.”
- Two Words that Describe You: Creative & Organized
- Education: Bachelor of Arts Degree, Central Michigan University; Master of Science Degree from Slippery Rock University
- Family: Husband (met on a blind date) & two sons.
- Volunteer Work: Roycroft Campus National Historic Landmark Docent
- Favorite Escape: Camping in the Adirondack Mountains – “We are the ones with the pretty tablecloth and centerpiece on the picnic table.”
If you want a creative Do-It-Yourself Decorating plan developed by a professional, need help staging your home for sale, or for any other interior design needs, give me a call today at (716) 912-1581 during normal business hours or email her.
And, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.